Kepler Down Cardigan - Mission Gray
Water is the "down killer". As any seasoned outdoors person knows, wet down renders it useless as an insulator. Down's amazing natural thermal properties is inherent in its ability to trap warm air. However water will normally collapse the tiny air trapping filaments of down clusters. PDW uses state of the art, Dupont treated, premium 800 fill power RDS certified goose down, which is hydrophobic, and stays drier 27 times longer than untreated goose down. But remember, don't use down garments as a rain jacket, that's a tenderfoot or city slicker move. However with our Kepler Down Cardigan, along with the updated DWR finish, Antimicrobial Silvadur™, 20D micro-ripstop shell, the user has enough time to shrug off the first bit of rainfall and grab a waterproof shell to wear over.
PDW uses tried and true stitched baffle construction to distribute the goose down fill. We do not use welded baffles which only add extra weight and creates cold spots. Unlike any down mid-layer in this class, we use a brushed poly tricot collar liner for unrivaled comfort, additional warmth, and prevents that dreaded morning chill of cold-nylon-to-the-face every alpinist knows. The Kepler Down Cardigan stows into its own built in stuff-sack pocket and converts into a camp pillow. Additionally there is also a detachable stuff-sack that converts into a travel neck pillow (a clever idea suggested to us by former Navy SEAL Kyle DeFoor, who knows a thing or 2 about air travel). A total of 6 pockets and wire media pass through port in the chest pocket rounds out the many details.
RDS certified means, ethically harvested down and best practices used in animal welfare.
- 20D Mini-Ripstop Nylon with Improved Dupont DWR
- Dupont Treated Water Resistant with Antimicrobial Silvadur™, Certified 800 Fill Power Goose Down
- Brushed Poly Tricot
- #5 YKK 2-way Reverse Coil Nylon Main Zipper
- #3 YKK Reverse Coil Nylon Main Zipper
- Custom Nylon Hardware and Trims
- Down Fill Weight: 3.6oz/1033gm
- Regular Fit, Can Be Worn Over Base-Layers and Under Shells
- S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Water Resistant Dupont Treated 800 Fill Power Goose Down with Antimicrobial Silvadur™
- RDS Certified Goose Down
- Dupont Treated Water and Stain Resistant Shell
- Cozy Brushed Collar Liner
- 3 Exterior Pockets
- 2 Internal Stash Pockets
- 1 Interior Lower Back Built-in Stow Pocket/Camp Pillow
- 1 Additional Detachable Stuff-Sack/Travel Pillow
- Full Windflap