Stratus Down Hoodie - Mission Gray
Water is the "down killer". As any seasoned outdoors person knows, wet down renders it useless as an insulator. Down's amazing natural thermal properties is inherent in its ability to trap warm air. However water will normally collapse the tiny air trapping filaments of down clusters. PDW uses state-of-the art Dupont treated brand premium 800 fill power goose down, which is hydrophobic, and stays drier 27 times longer than untreated goose down. Never use down garments as rain garments. That's a tenderfoot or city slicker move. However with our Stratus Down Hoodie, along with the DWR finish 20D stretch nylon shell, the user has enough time to shrug off the first bit of rainfall and grab a waterproof shell to wear over.
PDW uses a unique stitch-less baffle construction which was created by a special mill that actually weaves two layers of fabric together only at the contact lines. We do not use welded baffles which only add extra weight, bulk and creates cold spots. Unlike any down mid-layer in this class, we use a brushed poly tricot hood liner for unrivaled comfort, additional warmth, and prevents that dreaded morning chill of cold-nylon-to-the-face every alpinist knows. The Stratus Down Hoodie stows into its own built in stuff-sack pocket and converts into a camp pillow. Additionally there is also a detachable stuff-sack that converts into a travel neck pillow. A total of 4 pockets, wire media pass through port in the chest pocket, and cinch bottom rounds out the many details.
RDS certified means, ethically harvested down and best practices used in animal welfare.
- 20D Stretch Nylon with C6 DWR
- Dupont Treated Water Resistant with Antimicrobial Silvadur™, RDS Certified 800 Fill Power Goose Down
- Brushed Poly Tricot
- #5 YKK 2-way Reverse Coil Nylon Main Zipper
- #3 YKK Reverse Coil Nylon Pocket Zippers
- Custom Nylon Hardware and Trims
- Regular Fit, Can Be Worn Over Base-Layers to Fleece and Sweaters
- S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Water Resistant Dupont Treated 800 Fill Power Goose Down with Antimicrobial Silvadur™
- RDS Certified Goose Down
- 4oz/113gm Fill Weight (Size Medium)
- Stretch, Water Resistant Shell
- Cozy Hood Liner
- 3 Exterior Pockets
- Integrated Microfiber Lined Camp Pillow Hand Pockets
- 1 Internal Zippered Stash Pocket
- 1 Additional Detachable Stuff-Sack/Travel Pillow
- Full Windflap
- Internally Routed Cinch Bottom Shock Cords
"Their Tycho Down Hoodie was already great, but they outdid themselves. This [Stratus Down Hoodie] is KILLER."