Defiant Hoodie - Rogue Green
The Defiant Hoodie is expertly constructed with an apex performance Schoeller textile of Switzerland, the innovative, embedded component management system by Cohaesive™ of North America, and YKK AquaGuard® zippers. The purpose driven design is born from almost 2 decades of R&D experience in this specialized outerwear category, the input of real-world user feedback across all 7 continents from the Hindu Kush to Torres del Paine, and the sum of empirical experiences from our chief designer. From everyday wear to remote destinations and even dangerous places, the Defiant Hoodie in an uncompromising technical soft-shell that literally has you covered.
Some of the functional design details include 4 external zippered pockets with dummy cord anchors to keep your EDC tools secure, a zippered internal pocket, a 2-way main zipper, laser cut CSPE (Hypalon) cuff tabs, bias cut cuffs, 4-way stretch mobility, waterproof-breathable technical fabric that adapts to changing environmental conditions, pit zips, and the cleanest cinch cord management system available. Available in Rogue Green.
Customer ReviewsBased on 4 reviews100%(4)0%(0)0%(0)0%(0)0%(0)B
This jacket is an excellent alternative to Gore-Tex. It is beautifully made with the highest quality construction, slightly more snug fit in Patagonia Northface, or marmot for an equivalent size.T
The PDW Defiant Hoodie is a great soft shell layer. Out of the box and over the body, initial impressions was that it fits very nice. I really like the way the cuffs are cut and the adjustment point on them. You can adjust the cuff via Velcro attachment to cinch down the wrist area as desired. It allows for a tapered look while also serving a function by making sure the Cuffs don’t get in the way (running, cooking, working out, etc.). There’s also a very nice and ingenious method of cinching down other area too like along the front of the waist above the thighs—a very nice addition! I’ve worn this so far to the office as a light rain layer and it works wonderfully out of the box. I won’t get too specific with the technical details of the fabric/material/etc. but it works well. I’ve also worn this on a couple of late night 5K runs in the city with just shorts and a synthetic t-shirt in 50 degree Fahrenheit weather with small wind gusts. This layer worked very well for that task. It was light enough to run in where I didn’t feel like it was weighing me down, I didn’t feel too clammy under the shell when I worked up a sweat, and the jacket cut wind for me very nicely. The Defiant hoodie balances water-proofing, breathability, weight, insulation, and style very nicely. I plan on taking this with me on a back country trip fairly soon and have confidence in this layer.
Other things: For crowd the tactical crowd that loves ranger green, this is more like a “sage green”. Medium fits well on a 5’11 160lb person, an also has room to double-up over an insulating layer if you require so.
If you’re thinking about this layer and on the fence, I highly recommend it. The PDW Defiant hoodie blends form and function that defies the traditional definition of the term utilitarian—who says utility can’t look good as well?J
This will be the jacket for you if you are looking for a jacket that water proof and not tactical looking with plenty of pockets which can be used both daily travel and outdoor.R
Love the material and design. Perfect for adventuring with the 🐕
Schoeller Textiles AG 77% Nylon / 17% PU / 6% Elastane
- Poly Tricot Inner Facing
- 40D Nylon Ripstop
- Cohaesive™ Nylon Hardware
- Nylon Loop
- Shock Cord
- YKK AquaGuard® Zippers
- Regular Fit, Sized to Fit Mid-layers
- S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Fully Seam Taped
- 3L Waterproof / Breathable Schoeller All-Weather Fabric with DWR
- Engineered Patterning for Unrestricted Movement
- 4-way Stretch
- Cohaesive™ Embedded Component Management System
- 2 Zippered Body Pockets
- 2 Zippered Sleeve Pockets
- 2-Way Center Front Zipper
- 2-Way Zippered Pit Zips
- Dummy Cord Anchors in 4 Pockets
- Zippered Interior Napoleon Pocket with Cord Port
- 3 Panel Billed Hood with X and Y Axis Cinch Adjustments
- Bottom Cinch Adjustment
- Laser Cut CSPE (Hypalon) Cuff Tabs
- Bias Cut Cuffs
- Full Windflap with Brushed Chin Guard
- 4 Season Wear
- Schoeller 3XDRY®; Dry on the outside. Dry on the inside. Dry in a flash. 3XDRY® is a textile finishing technology that combines two functions into one textile.
- Schoeller c_change®; Pine cones open when the outside temperature rises, and close again when the temperature drops. Inspired by nature, the c_change® membrane works on the same principle. It reacts in exactly the same way to ambient conditions. Not only the temperature but also the air and body moisture are taken into consideration.
- Schoeller Cold Black®; heat absorption can be reduced to a minimum with coldblack®, the UVA- and UVB-protection textile finish from Schoeller Technologies. coldblack® reduces heat build-up and provides reliable protection from the sun’s rays. Consequently, the wear comfort of textiles can be noticeably improved.
- Schoeller Textiles AG 77% Nylon / 17% PU / 6% Elastane