SPD X Hardcore Hammers Survivalist - Sonora
This SPD X Hardcore Hammers Survivalist Hatchet is a culmination of all that has been learned about the craft of tool making. We consider it one of the pinnacles of hatchet design. Made from top quality 4140 tool steel (AKA “Ordnance steel” because it’s commonly used for making breech and barrel parts for guns and cannons) for both toughness and edge retention, and ground to within a +/-.005″ tolerance, the curved blade is designed for both optimal cutting and splitting wood. Also incorporated is a nail/tent stake puller and the hammer end has their patented recessed striking face. At 19oz on an 18″ handle, it’s perfectly balanced for any job, whether it’s pounding nails, chopping and splitting firewood, and of course (do we really have to say it?) fending off brain eating mobs of the undead. This premium hatchet cuts like a full size axe yet is small enough to fit in a backpack. It comes with a top quality custom fitted leather sheath.
- 4140 Alloy Steel (AKA “Ordnance Steel”)
- Grade "A" American Hickory
- Saddlery Grade, Top Grain Leather
- Cutting Edge: 3.5"
- Size: 17.625" x 5.5"
- Head Length: 5.5"
- Head: 19oz
- OA: 28.8oz
- Steel Heads Forged in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Custom Tooled SPD Head Stamp
- Nail/Tent Stake Puller Notch in Head
- Patented, Recessed, Waffle Hammer Face
- Tempered for Maximum Edge Holding and Toughness
- Premium American Hickory Handles Turned to Exacting Specifications in Alabama & Arkansas
- Custom, Hand Applied Tricolor Combo Handle Accent
- Leather Accessories Made to Custom Specifications in Montana
- Lifetime Warranty on Steel Head
- Hardcore Hammers Head Stamp
- USA Head Stamp
- SPD Kraken Trident Head Stamp