SPD X MKII Paradive LTD Edition Full Set
The MKII Paradive draws its DNA directly from the famous timepiece issued to US covert and elite military operatives during the Vietnam War. With modern updates in construction and details, that improves the make, while staying true to the original and distinct aesthetic.
The MKII Paradive is an evolution of the military watch specification MIL-W-50717. After a survey of end users, MKII Watches identified issues and weak points with the first generation contract watches and re-engineered the design to enhance and extend performance in challenging environments. The monocoque case of the first Class As and Bs minimized the number of water ingress points, but in practice the design was challenging to service and crystals developed stress fractures over time rendering them illegible. The two-piece stem the construction required was another vulnerability, usually revealed when the crown came off in one's hand while hack setting the time.
The MKII Paradive utilizes a proven 3 piece construction. The screw back case enables the watch to use a solid one-piece stem, carries forward the ergonomic curved case back, and improves ease of maintenance. The crystal is press fit into the front of the case and made of a tougher synthetic sapphire material that will not develop the "crazing" the first watches did. A unidirectional 120-click bezel, a safety feature for underwater timing, replaces the bi-directional friction bezel. The bezel is available with aluminum timing dials.
Other notable changes and improvements include the replacement of fixed bars with reinforced heavy duty 2.50 mm spring bars that meet the ISO standards for dive watches. Each unit is also supplied with a thinner set of 1.80 mm spring bars for standard straps. In place of the specified Pm 147, this watch leverages a proprietary non-radioactive luminous material. The Japanese made NE15C movement delivers a longer power reserve and comparable accuracy to the preceding mil-spec.
(Please note that the SPD X MKII Paradive LTD Edition Full Set will ship after July 7th.)
- Case: 316L Stainless Steel
- Crystal: Double Domed Sapphire with Single Inner AR (Anti Reflective) Coating
- Strap: NATO Style Nylon with Titanium Hardware
- Case Diameter: 42mm
- Case Thickness: 15.54mm
- Case Length: 49.50mm End to End
- Lug Width: 20mm
- 3.84oz / 98g
- Movement: Made in Japan SII NE15 (Rotor features Côtes de Genève), Quickset Date, Hack Setting, Automatic with Manual Winding Capability.
- Depth Rating 20 ATMs (200 Meters - Verified ISO 6425)
- Aluminum Diver Elapsed Time Bezel
- Matte Black Dial with Arclite Super LumiNova (Green Emission)
- White Hands
- Exclusive Orange Sweep
- Double Gasket Screw-down Crown
- SPD UET Kraken with Trident Logo
- MKII Mark
- PDW Logo Engraved on Case Back
Chute Knife Specifications:Materials:
- Blade: Böhler N690
- Blade handle: OD Green Canvas Micarta with Red liners
- Sheath: Hand Tooled and Stitched Leather
- Guard: 416 Stainless Steel
- Overall Blade Length: 4.5625"
- Cutting Edge Length: 4.125"
- Blade Thickness: 0.212"
- Handle Length: 4.625"
- Handle Thickness: 0.89"
- Overall Length: 9.1875"
- Without Sheath: 13.5oz / 383g
- With Sheath: 19.5oz / 553g
- Sharpened Upper Swedge
- Mirror Polish Finish
- Tapered Tang Handle Construction
- Lashing Holes in Dual Finger Guard
- Lanyard Hole
- Wesley Liversage Maker's Mark
- SPD Kraken Trident Logo
- South Africa