CR1 Jacket - Horsehide
The 1950s post-war era saw a boom in motorcycling. Many took to motorcycling to find a sense of freedom and independence, thrill seeking, or even giving in to a rebellious streak. The CR1 is a classic design that is sleek, minimalist and stripped of any superfluous ornament. To create the CR1 Jacket, we started with numerous authentic period examples of this style jacket from the 1950s and 60s. From these vintage examples our master pattern and final jacket was created.
We used the finest, select premium, front quarter horsehide to create this jacket. A special tanning method and 3 oz weight were chosen to produce a jacket perfectly suited on a motorcycle, unusually supple unlike the very stiff and unforgiving 3.5-3.75 oz hides, and won't weight you down when you get off your bike and are walking around town. Our select horsehides are superior in tensile strength, abrasion resistance, and durability to any cow and steer hides in heavier weight classes. The CR1 will further break in with use and display its characteristics as unique as the individual who wears it.
Some modern touches were added to our take of this classic style such as wind flap and USN G1 type gusseted bi-swing back. There are 2 interior Napoleon pockets and a durable MILSPEC 5050 NYCO ripstop lining. The CR1 Jacket is available in classic black.
Buy once, cry once, smile for a lifetime. The CR1 is warrantied against manufacturer's defect for the life of the original owner.
- 3 oz Premium Select Front Quarter Horsehide
- MILSPEC 5050 NYCO Ripstop Liner
- Heavy Weight Sateen Sleeve Liner
- Heavy Gauge Nickel Silver YKK 2-Way Front Zipper
- Nickel Silver YKK Sleeve and Pocket Zippers
- Heavy Duty Nylon Thread
- Regular Fit, Suitable to Wear Over Fitted Mid-layers
- 23" Center Front Length for Size 40
- 38, 40, 42, 44, 46
- 64oz for Size 40
- Pattern Derived from Authentic Vintage Examples
- Special Tanning and Hide Weight for Faster Break-in and 3+ Season Wear
- Best in Class Wear and Durability Premium Horsehide
- Snap Collar
- Zipper Cuffs
- USN G1 Style Bi-swing Gusseted Back for Arm Mobility
- USN G1 Style Wind Flap
- 2-way Main Zipper for IWB Access and Adjustability for Riding Position
- 1 Zippered Angled Chest Pocket
- 2 Zippered Hand-warmer Pockets
- 2 Snap Closure Interior Napoleon Pockets
- Eyelet Pit Vents
- MILSPEC 5050 NYCO Ripstop Lining
- Leather Zipper Pull Tabs
- Hanger Loop
- San Francisco, California, USA