Defiant Hoodie - Universal Field Gray
The Defiant Hoodie is expertly constructed with an apex performance Schoeller textile of Switzerland, the innovative, embedded component management system by Cohaesive™ of North America, and YKK AquaGuard® zippers. The purpose driven design is born from almost 2 decades of R&D experience in this specialized outerwear category, the input of real-world user feedback across all 7 continents from the Hindu Kush to Torres del Paine, and the sum of empirical experiences from our chief designer. From everyday wear to remote destinations and even dangerous places, the Defiant Hoodie in an uncompromising technical soft-shell that literally has you covered.
Some of the functional design details include 4 external zippered pockets with dummy cord anchors to keep your EDC tools secure, a zippered internal pocket, a 2-way main zipper, laser cut CSPE (Hypalon) cuff tabs, bias cut cuffs, 4-way stretch mobility, waterproof-breathable technical fabric that adapts to changing environmental conditions, pit zips, and the cleanest cinch cord management system available. Available in Universal Field Gray.
Customer ReviewsBased on 3 reviews100%(3)0%(0)0%(0)0%(0)0%(0)A
So many high end shells feel like wearing a delicate trash bag. The defiant has a bit of heft that feels more substantial like a jacket, rather than an ultralight raincoat. The fabric is impressive in more than just it’s performance specs, it feels great and the stretch is wonderful.
I love that there are lots of pockets without looking silly.
The way the cuffs are designed to cover more of the back of the hands without getting in the way is ingenious.
The pull cord cinches are clearly from the future.
There are a few things that I would change: I wish it was about in inch longer in the length of the torso, I wish the interior chest pocket was big enough for my phone, I’m not a fan of the bright orange accents, and I wish the visor/brim was a bit more rigid (check out the hood on the Fjällräven Keb Eco Shell for some inspiration, guys 😉).
Having just listed all of my complaints, I just want to finish by saying… I LOVE THIS JACKET!J
You get what you pay for. This thing is bomb proof and beautiful. Prometheus always delivers. I'll likely be able to pass this thing down to my boys.J
Sizing for layered caused me to find the XL better for me at 5'10" and 190lb. I needed slightly more shoulder room.
Love the feature-rich pockets, zippers and outstanding fabric feel and finish. Water repellency is on point, and the pit vents help as the day warms up. Great gear!
Thank you for the review John.
Schoeller Textiles AG 77% Nylon / 17% PU / 6% Elastane
- Poly Tricot Inner Facing
- 40D Nylon Ripstop
- Cohaesive™ Hardware
- Nylon Loop
- Shock Cord
- YKK AquaGuard® Zippers
- Regular Fit, Sized to Fit Mid-layers
- S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Fully Seam Taped
- 3L Waterproof / Breathable Schoeller All-Weather Fabric with DWR
- Engineered Patterning for Unrestricted Movement
- 4-way Stretch
- Cohaesive™ Embedded Component Management System
- 2 Zippered Body Pockets
- 2 Zippered Sleeve Pockets
- 2-Way Center Front Zipper
- 2-Way Zippered Pit Zips
- Dummy Cord Anchors in 4 Pockets
- Zippered Interior Napoleon Pocket with Cord Port
- 3 Panel Billed Hood with X and Y Axis Cinch Adjustments
- Bottom Cinch Adjustment
- Laser Cut CSPE (Hypalon) Cuff Tabs
- Bias Cut Cuffs
- Full Windflap with Brushed Chin Guard
- 4 Season Wear
- Schoeller 3XDRY®; Dry on the outside. Dry on the inside. Dry in a flash. 3XDRY® is a textile finishing technology that combines two functions into one textile.
- Schoeller c_change®; Pine cones open when the outside temperature rises, and close again when the temperature drops. Inspired by nature, the c_change® membrane works on the same principle. It reacts in exactly the same way to ambient conditions. Not only the temperature but also the air and body moisture are taken into consideration.
- Schoeller Cold Black®; heat absorption can be reduced to a minimum with coldblack®, the UVA- and UVB-protection textile finish from Schoeller Technologies. coldblack® reduces heat build-up and provides reliable protection from the sun’s rays. Consequently, the wear comfort of textiles can be noticeably improved.
- Schoeller Textiles AG 77% Nylon / 17% PU / 6% Elastane