Expedition Watch Band Compass Kit Ti - PVD / OD Green
While we can use to great effect and marvel at the products of our digital age, there is still something substantial to be respected, acknowledged and said for analog and mechanical devices. The invention and introduction of the magnetic compass transformed the known world. Unreliant on batteries or circuit boards, a magnetic compass is the directional navigation tool in its most distilled and purest form. Our design process to create this modern classic drew inspiration from similar units as used and worn by UDTs, Combat Swimmers, Explorers and Adventurers from a different era. No less relevant today as it was yesterday, a compass that only needs the earth’s magnetic field to operate and is a tried and trued navigational device for anyone who spends time in the field.
- Case: 6AL-4V Titanium
- Compass: Oil Filled with an Acetyl Cellulose Body
- Note that oil filled compasses of any type may have tiny bubbles appear and disappear over time. This is a natural result of changes in altitude and barometric pressure in your area of use. These tiny bubbles, if they do appear, do not affect the accuracy or function of the your compass in any way.
- Carrier Body: Silicone with UV Inhibitors
- Case Gasket: Silicone with Glow in the Dark Pigment
- Compass Case: 1.063” x 0.455”
- Compass: 0.787" X 0.314" / 20mm X 8mm
- Compass Carrier: 4.75” Long, 1.170” wide, 0.550” Tall
- 0.72 Oz
- Depth Rated to 100M/300' Water Resistance
- Black Face with High Luminosity Glow in the Dark Markings
- PDW Logo
- Please contact our Customer Support Department for our Button Compass Placement Program.
"Inspired by heritage equipment used by old-school commandos, PDW has modernized the wristwatch band-mounted compass of yore with distinctive, functional features...I’ve worn the titanium model extensively, paired with various watches, for fieldwork and at formal functions. This is excellent, minimalist kit. Never underestimate the importance of analog horology timekeeping and navigation equipment."
- Bryon Bass, Overland Journal Gear Guide 2019
"Exploration essentials for the modern adventurer."
"The best I've seen or used."
- Kyle D.