Tycho Down Hoodie - Universal Field Gray
Water is the "down killer". As any seasoned outdoors person knows, wet down renders it useless as an insulator. Down's amazing natural thermal properties is inherent in its ability to trap warm air. However water will normally collapse the tiny air trapping filaments of down clusters. PDW uses state of the art DownTek™ brand premium 850 fill power goose down, which is hydrophobic, and stays drier 27 times longer than untreated goose down. Never use down garments as rain garments. That's a tenderfoot or city slicker move. However with our Tycho Down Hoodie, along with the DWR finish 20D micro-ripstop shell, the user has enough time to shrug off the first bit of rainfall and grab a waterproof shell to wear over.
PDW uses tried and true stitched baffle construction to distribute the goose down fill. We do not use welded baffles which only add extra weight and creates cold spots. Unlike any down mid-layer in this class, we use a brushed poly tricot hood liner for unrivaled comfort, additional warmth, and prevents that dreaded morning chill of cold-nylon-to-the-face every alpinist knows. The Tycho Down Hoodie stows into its own built in stuff-sack pocket and converts into a camp pillow. Additionally there is also a detachable stuff-sack that converts into a travel neck pillow. A total of 6 pockets, wire media pass through port in the chest pocket, cinch bottom and cinch hood rounds out the many details.
RDS certified means, ethically harvested down and best practices used in animal welfare.
- 20D Mini-Ripstop Nylon with C6 DWR
- DownTek™ Water Resistant Certified 850 Fill Power Goose Down
- Brushed Poly Tricot
- #5 YKK 2-way Reverse Coil Nylon Main Zipper
- #3 YKK Reverse Coil Nylon Main Zipper
- Custom Nylon Hardware and Trims
- Regular Fit, Can Be Worn Over Base-Layers to Fleece and Sweaters
- S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Water Resistant DownTek™ 850 Fill Power Goose Down
- Clean Chemistry, No PFOA or PFOS
- RDS Certified Goose Down
- Water Resistant Shell
- Cozy Hood Liner
- 3 Exterior Pockets
- 2 Internal Stash Pockets
- 1 Interior Lower Back Built-in Stow Pocket/Camp PIllow
- 1 Additional Detachable Stuff-Sack/Travel Pillow
- Full Windflap
- Cinch Bottom
- Cinch Hood
"Best New Gear...2019."
"...My new go-to, the Prometheus Design Werx Tycho Down Hoodie."
- Scott Brady., Expedition Portal
"This puffy is tight...seriously legit...."
- Claudio C., GWA
=== "This jacket, the Tycho Down Hoodie is really incredible...The travel pillow stuff sack makes it a great carry on multi-use piece of gear..."
- Kevin Estela Wilderness Education
"...you all really outdid yourselves with the Tycho. The pocket layout, the overall fit, and the details (especially that travel pillow) are all great."
- Rick Stow, Editor Outdoorx4 Magazine